- Acute gastroenteritis is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide, particularly in at-risk populations, such as children, older individuals, and immunocompromised patients.
- Speed and accuracy of detection of culprit pathogens is vital for patients to receive appropriate therapy and take proper infection control measures to prevent the progression and spread of disease.
- We offer clinicians a GI test with a simple collection technique (fecal swab) allowing for in office collection, resulting in reduced treatment time and accuracy of diagnosis.
PCR GI panel
- Detects up to 10 pathogens in one sample
- Fecal swab for easy collection
- Detect present pathogens, toxins, parasites
- Antibiotic use does not prevent detection
- Decreases length of hospital stay
- Decreases antibiotic use
- Same day results
Traditional Stool Culture
- Targets a few common diarrheal pathogens
- Stool sample, Labor intensive
- Stool samples must grow the pathogen
- Prior antibiotic use masks the growth
- Increases healthcare costs, hospitalizations
- Aids in antibiotic resistance
- 3-4 days for results